Friday, April 13, 2007

Sophie is 7!!

Sophie turned 7 today and we celebrated by having a girl's day out with friends. Sophie and her friends Chloe, Sara Jayne, and Lainey and my friends Jane and Rachel and I went up to Los Angeles for a day at the American Girl store!

The store is one of three in world(Chicago and NY). It's at the Grove in L.A. , an upscale outdoor shopping center. It was the most beautiful warm day and they had a lovely fountain where all the girls made a wish.All of the girls brought their dolls. Each one is from a different era in history. Sophie's is Elizabeth from 1774. They have books that teach you about that era and each doll has a big display ( that includes everything you can purchase, of course).

They sang "Happy Birthday" to Sophie after we the at the Cheesecake Factory.

I think the moms had just as much fun as the girls (if not more!). It was a really exciting day.

The girls and their "haul". There was also a doll hair salon, a photo studio, Cafe, and Theater with a live show. Maybe next time...

Later we came home for pizza, cake, and presents.


Opening gifts from Spain (from Papa & Maki)....

And fun things from Grandma & Grandpa Roberts....


This is one happy 7 year old!


3 comments:

Vigoren Family said...

Holy cow. I would have killed for a party like that. I was really into the American Girls thing, but I was about 18 years old, I think.:) What would Sophie think if I sent Kirsten? I hate to keep her stuffed in a box in the shed for 10 years or more! It's probably a 1st edition, but I don't really care about the value of something in a storage shed...

dave said...

happy birthday sophie!!! we are so sad we missed it! we did get her a little gift, though that we got in mineapolis on the way home--keep an eye out for it.

Rebecca and Co. said...

Happy Birthday, Sophie! Looks like a great party for a great girl. I hope you don't mind me peeking at your blog via Brooklyn's . . . we love your family!

Love,
Rebecca