Monday, April 23, 2007

Down & Derby

Saturday night was the Pinewood Derby for Sam. We told him he could make his car into anything he wanted-he chose a Dialga from the new Gameboy game Pokemon Diamond. What a challenge! But Sam was excited about it (and that is rare:).

Sam & Dad working on the car in their garage "workshop". Dad helped with carving and assembly, mom helped with the painting.

The end result- Pokemon Dialga

The race is on! It looked pretty cool going down the track.

Was it a winner? In Sam's book it was. He won for Most Creative.



4 comments:

Emily said...

Cool! Way to go, Sam!

Vigoren Family said...

Holy cow. I really hope Isaac isn't that creative. I think his will be the box with wheels when he's in scouts...

brooklyn said...

all right sam!!! you won the best prize! that's awesome--what a winner!

Unknown said...

Sam, I went to our wards pinewood derby and there was nothing like yours for sure! Jared Staten ended up winning ours. Congratulations yours was SPECTACULAR!!!!! grandma R