Thursday, December 27, 2007

Nightmare Before Christmas Update

Well, we still can't believe that we had lice for Christmas. Not our favorite gift we've ever had. It did put a damper on everything, but we still had a nice Christmas. Chris took entire house to the laudromat and I stayed home and cleaned and sprayed the whole house. Not the most fun the day before Christmas Eve, but it felt good.
My brother's braved it and still came to visit, I was so glad, thank you! They stayed in Sam's sanitized room, Sam & Maggie were on the girl's bed and Sophie has been sleeping on the floor in bedding that we wash every morning.
Sam has been clean as a whistle, Maggie, I've only found one nit in a few days. But I go through Sophie's hair for a couple of hours everyday and still find the little boogers. She has been so patient to deal with all this too. She's a little trooper.
Tomorrow is our second treatment day. I am so excited. It is supposed to kill off anything that may have survived the first treatment. You have to wait a week and it has been the longest week! After that and hopefully then not find anymore in Soph, we can feel normal again. In the meantime it's just paranoia. I feel bad for the kids because they haven't gotten to share any Christmas fun with friends and they are so cooped up. But we will all get through this!
I think the hardest part is that I'm such a clean freak and my kids bathe and wash their hair everyday! We're trying to train Sophie not to be so huggy, lovey, but then I don't want her not to be either. I guess we need to move to a remote ranch in Montana! I think Chris is a taker.:)

2 comments:

Vigoren Family said...

What a wonderful Christmas memory! Hope the treatment went well and your family is lice-free! I felt the same way about being clean, but with "dirty" kids when Eliza kept getting Urinary Tract Infections as a baby. I felt like I had to tell the doctor that I really did know how to change and wipe a baby's bum and that I changed her enough...

brooklyn said...

yeah, this is the most Un-you experience i could possible imagine. the kids are the cleanest, shiniest, most put together kids i know! I'm so glad (and jealous) that Matt and Andy came. I love Maggie's new haircut!