I have not blogged in a while....just busy I guess and nothing major to post. Things have been kind of a let down since as most of you know Chris accomplished his goal of swimming the Catalina Channel On Sept 19th. It was such an awesome experience for all involved. His parents and brother Jordon were able to come out and be with him on the boat. And sister Brooklyn and I with our kids got to be his biggest fans. For pictures of the event click this link: Catalina Channel. Then just a couple of days later Chris left for Abu Dhabi. He has been gone for 3 weeks now! Wow, the time is actually going faster than I thought it would. Probably because I have so much to do. If I had nothing to do, I'm sure it would drag. Speaking of dragging, I feel like that is all I do! With so much going on, I want to go full speed but my 8 month pregnant body is like the back end of slinky always trying to catch up. I don't do nearly what I'd like. I guess just a day we've all survived together is progress:).
Chris is doing well. He has been keeping a blog of things in Abu Dhabi, but it's not public for safety reasons. If any of you are curious, let me know and I can have him send you an invite to view. Work is going well and because of all the growth there, work will probably be never ending for a while. His work day has been normal for now and I hope it stays that way by the time we get there, even though it's only supposed to get busier for him. It will just be nice to actually have him home every night.
Friday is the Sabbath day there and so he went to church today. He was called to be the 1st Assistant in the High Priest Group. He's excited to serve. We are in the Manamah Bahrain Stake, Abu Dhabi Ward. It is 60% Filipino, so we will have a chance to learn many different cultures while we are there. I am just so ready to get there and start our new life together! Being apart this long stinks. Though I am grateful for Skype as we talk and see each other every day.
So for now we have soccer games tomorrow, Primary program Sunday and we leave next Wednesday for my brother's wedding in St. George. Packing schmacking....
Friday, October 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks so much for posting, Ellie. I have been thinking and thinking about you guys. I admire your family so much. Love you!!
You're a trooper, Ellie. I can't wait for your little family to be together again, too. I think of you all the time!
Post a Comment