Wednesday the 3rd my mom and I were out shopping and I was having contractions for most of the day. I got home and realized if I'm having a baby there is so much I have not done! I went into nesting mode and cleaned and organized and packed my hospital bag and sent my mom out for some random baby stuff I needed. Then I resting and starting timing. The contractions were coming every 10 min., sometimes less and some very painful. But I still wasn't sure if I should leave for the hospital or not.
I called Chris crying because, well, he's clear on the other side of the world. He knows how fast I have a baby once I'm in labor. So he was telling me to go now! But I waited until from midnight 'till 1:00 they were 7 min. apart. So I called my doc and she told me to go to hospital and get checked out.
Ironically Chris had a plane ticket from when he was originally going to come home on the 5th (he had a new ticket to come home on the 12th) , so he decided to pack up and head home thinking he'd be coming home to a new baby.
I called Chris crying because, well, he's clear on the other side of the world. He knows how fast I have a baby once I'm in labor. So he was telling me to go now! But I waited until from midnight 'till 1:00 they were 7 min. apart. So I called my doc and she told me to go to hospital and get checked out.
Ironically Chris had a plane ticket from when he was originally going to come home on the 5th (he had a new ticket to come home on the 12th) , so he decided to pack up and head home thinking he'd be coming home to a new baby.
After a one in the morning call to my friend Jane who ran over to be with the kids (thanks Jane!), my mom and I headed to the hospital. I was still only 2cm when they checked me and the contractions got sporadic. So....my doctor told them to have me walk the halls for an hour and check me again. From 2:30 to 3:30 my mom and I walked in circles around the maternity ward. We actually had a lot of fun joking around and getting worried calls from Chris. I was still having contractions but they weren't getting worse.
They checked me again after our time was up and I was still at 2cn and there were fewer contractions, bummer! There is nothing worse than getting sent home from the hospital when you think you are about to have your baby. I have never had false labor before, and usually when labor starts I have to move fast or I'll have my baby at home. So this was a new experience for us.
And....all things work out in the end. Chris was already taking his flight and so that meant he would be there for the birth. Plus I got to have him home a week early!
There would have been no other day that Chris would have been able to take that flight. If this had happened earlier in the week, he would have known not to get on the flight and if it had happened later in the week, he would have missed it. So we feel that it was meant to be that he was supposed to come home. And our new little one just didn't want to come until her daddy was here to greet her:).
There would have been no other day that Chris would have been able to take that flight. If this had happened earlier in the week, he would have known not to get on the flight and if it had happened later in the week, he would have missed it. So we feel that it was meant to be that he was supposed to come home. And our new little one just didn't want to come until her daddy was here to greet her:).
3 comments:
Ellie - that is soo sweet. I'm so glad your husband got to come home early. I think you're absolutely right, she knew what to do to get her daddy there! Cute! And you look great, by the way!
Much love!
Heather
You're a trooper. Glad Chris is home. I hope she makes an entrance soon!
What a great story! And she's already got Daddy wrapped around her little finger. Can't wait for her arrival!
Love you! Good luck!
Post a Comment