Sunday, November 23, 2008

What a Week!!

Last week was a busy one...

MONDAY
Sophie had her first playoff game! It was against the Atomic Shock. It was a night game which made it even more exciting. The team moms handed out blue glow sticks and blue pom poms and we were all fired up!

It turned out to be a VERY fun game to watch. Practically the whole game was played on our side of the field, and the girls worked so hard, but we just could not score a goal! The regular game ended 0-0 and we had to go into overtime.

The girls came through at the end and scored 1-0! It was an awesome win. And moved us into the final championship game. Go Sting Rays!!

The awesome cheering section!


TUESDAY
On Tuesday Maggie had her Kindergarten Thanksgiving Feast!
She was so happy she got to be a Native American, but can you tell she was not at all happy to have to be holding the Pilgrim's hand. It was funny.


The feast is catered by Boston Market, but most of the kids didn't touch it.:)

A true descendant of Pocahontas.

Sophie and best friend Amanda Miller came to check out the fun.

The whole scene, Happy Thanksgiving!!

That night was Maggie's end of season soccer party. We went to Ballpark Pizza and Maggie was thrilled to get her first trophy! It was a great season for the Red Flowers.


Wednesday
On Wednesday we were back at the school for choral concerts. First was Sophie's and the third grade. She is one of the tallest kids in the 3rd grade. She's not hard to spot! They did fabulous job.

Right after was Maggie's concert. They wore their costumes again and also did a great job. Maggie's so funny though, at home she's constantly singing and dancing but put her in front of people and she freezes up. Got my shyness I guess....

The Big Game!!

Wednesday night was the big championship game. The moms pulled out all the stops and brought blue balloons and necklaces. We came better prepared with jackets and blankets, it was chilly! But so fun, it felt like being back at a high school football game.


The girls got their hair sprayed blue and got blue war stripes. Here is their cheer:


They started the game off their groove and we were all a bit worried. The other team, the Strikers were fighting hard. We got a goal in the second quarter and then they got a goal in the third to tie it up. Finally just before the game was over we scored! It was a 2-1 win. Challenging and a little scary, we took the victory!!


They had a trophy ceremony right after the game. Sophie getting her trophy from coach Jussenhoven.


Aliso Viejo city Girls U10 champs!!


THURSDAY
The Sting Rays had their end of season party at Round Table Pizza. There they got the season trophy, an award certificate and treats.
They will be playing in the area championships on Dec. 6th.

FridayOf course I had to go see Twilight! I couldn't do the midnight movie, but went with my friend Rachel to see the first show on Friday at 10:00 a.m. We were there with a bunch of other moms.
The movie was disappointing, but still fun to see everything come to life and I liked him as Edward more than I thought I would:).


After the movie, Sophie's class had their "Poems and Pies" poetry recital. They had to pick a short poem to memorize and they had to have props. As you can guess, Sophie's poem was "I Like Mice".



Later that day I was delivering dinner to a friend and saw smoke that looked like it was coming from the kids school. Went to check it out and sure enough the bushes in front of the school were on fire! It's always an eerie site to see, but the firefighters quickly got it under control. Mischievous kids?
So it was a very full week and I though it was all enjoyable, glad it's over! I'm not sure what will be worse, a jam packed week like that, or a whole week of no school.....we shall see!

8 comments:

Vigoren Family said...

Phew! You're not kidding! You're lucky everything fell on a different day. Nuts! That's amazing for Sophie. They really have to be good at that age to win every game. That definitely isn't coincidence. Hope you're feeling good through it all...you look great Ellie! You're less than a month away from the big D-day!

Jordon said...

Wow...busy, busy. Glad it's you handling everything, I don't know who else could handle things so well. Way to go, Sophie! Hope you all have a good Thanksgiving and you feel well Ellie. Love you all, Jord

Mary + Trey said...

busy girl! I miss you! I left out of town for a wedding but hope to see you soon and bring you dinner!

Emily said...

Congrats, Sophie the Sting Ray!! Wow! What a busy, wonderful life! Thanks for posting! We miss you guys!

brooklyn said...

yay for soph! what a fun week! we sure will be missing you guys this holiday!

Marcy said...

Whew! How do you do it all?! I'm sorry you didn't like Twilight, I liked it, what's wrong with me? lol

And we saw the fire too, scary!!

Roney Family said...

Yawn, Ellie, I am tired, you are doing way way too much. You need to put your feet up and rest. How crazy about the school. About The movie, I felt the same way!!! Glad you saw it though. Hope you are doing well. I will see you soon. Oh, I love your hair cute!

Mal and Kade said...

What craziness! You are such a good mom, I hope I can be half as good a mom as you someday. I also hope my kids will be half as cute as yours! So I need your mailing address to send you guys a Christmas card. Let me know! :)