Well life has a way....
As most of you know we have been planning for months to move to Abu Dhabi, U.A.E. Chris has been working there since the end of August. I have been holding down the fort and packing and growing a baby. The plan was that the kids would be going with Chris and his mom so the kids could start school there and then I would come as soon as I could get the baby's passport in line.
It has been a bit precaurious as the company was trying to find us a house. The real estate market there is just insane with things being snatched up the second they're available with the rents escalating by the minute. Not to mention you have to pay for your rent a year in advance.
We were also trying to get the kids into a good school and we weren't having the best luck with that either.
But we have had faith all along that things would work out. We were so excited for this opportunity for our family on so many levels. We just knew things would fall into place the way they were supposed to as we really felt this was where we were supposed to be at this time.
Well....Monday we got a call from the company letting us know that they have not been able to find us a house and they we need to put off having the family come over.
So what does this mean? Well, for now Chris will be going back alone on the 30th and I will be here with the kids and now a newborn and we will be apart - again :(.
That's really all I can say for now as we don't know what the future holds. But we are not any different from many other families struggling at this time with work and finances. So we carry on with faith and prayers that our Heavenly Father is aware of us and everything that's going on. We have always relied on his knowledge of of our needs better than ours and things have always worked out in the end. Even if it's not the way we thought it would.
We so appreciate all the support, prayers, and love from everyone at this time. It is so crazy! We are living in a half-way packed up house, expecting a baby to come any minute and now not knowing where we'll end up. I guess we wait and see.....and maybe someday we'll understand all the whys. For now we are doing our best to enjoy the Christmas season and all the hope and love it brings.
Friday, December 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ellie, you are a strong woman. My prayers are with you.
Oh Ellie. I had no idea this was all happening to you this week. I'm sorry for this rollercoaster ride you are on. I can't even imagine. You ARE so strong. I appreciate your positive perspective. What a trooper...though I know inside you must be wanting to scream. Hang in there. My prayers are with your family during this time of uncertainty.
oh, and just in case you didn't see it and you come in from your garage, I left you something on your doorstep this morning.
Hugs my friend! xo
I am so sorry to hear all that. You guys have been through so much and I really hope that all works out for the better. I am a big believer that when one door closes another opens right up. Sometimes things have a way of working out the way they are suppose to even if it means being different then we wanted. In the end, heavenly father has your best interest. We love you guys and support you in anything that you need. Best of luck with the little cutie! We are so excited that you will still be apart of our ward. We would have missed you guys too much!
Ellie - hang in there. I can't imagine what you're going through. But "this too shall pass" and we all know that everything does happen for a reason. You're family and friends will help get you through, never be afraid to ask for help. As a military wife, I've done the raising kids alone job and it is never easy or fun - but you'll get through it. You have strong faith!
Much love!
Hang tough Ellie - love you and all the Roberts Family - total inspiration.
But you do need to get some rest.
I am coaching less and less these days.
Check my coaching schedule:
http://masters.novaquatics.com/New_calendar/diary.asp?novagroup=Masters
If you ever need help, I may need a ride over, but would be willing anytime you need me.
Look especially at my evening open availability.
Ahelee
949-231-2049
Post a Comment