Sunday, February 1, 2009

6 Week Update

I can't believe it's been 6 weeks since little Charlotte was born. At the same time it feels like 6 years! It's one day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time. But we are pulling through. This was my first week without any help (mom had to go home sometime). It's challenging to be able to be up at 6:45 for Sophie, especially when you just get to sleep at 5:30 after a 3:30 feeding. And getting the kids fed and in bed at night is not an easy chore either. But again, one day at a time. And it's all so worth it!
Little miss Charlotte has hit 6 weeks which means the teenage acne has hit too. What's up with that anyway? She also has a receding hairline, though she's not losing anything off the back. So I'm not posting too many picts as it totally grosses the kids out. I suppose it's a face only a mother can love, but I totally do!

I have yet to capture on camera, but Charlotte gives us the cutest little smiles. She's starting to spend more time awake which the kids just love. They hate it when she's sleeping and still fight over who gets to hold her.
Sleeping in her "papasan" chair.

Charlotte has reflux and it pretty spitty uppy so I got her this chair to sleep in that keeps her upright. She was also put on Zantac, which I don't like because I hate for her to already be on medication. But it is helping a lot with her fussiness and spit-ups. She seems to be happier and sleeps better, so I guess it's a good thing.

Snuggling with big sister, Maggie

In her cute Hurley dress from our friend, Mandy Kuhn. Thanks Mam!

We are still waiting to see on Chris's job. This has been so hard on him too. Being away from family and new baby, it's lonely out there! He really wants us out there with him and feels like that's where we should ultimately be. So we are holding on to see when that can happen. Things seem to change daily and here we go again, we take it one day at a time.
In the meantime we are grateful for all the love, support, and prayers we are getting from everyone and we realize that are so many others that have it much worse than we do. So we really can't complain.
Chris doing some U.A.E. sightseeing. Isn't he handsome? Man, I miss that guy....

10 comments:

hendywow said...

Charlotte is beautiful, man I wish we lived closer, I would totally love to help out, and I have a couple of teenage girls who would love it too! Good luck with everything.
Wen.

brooklyn said...

oh my goodness--she is so cute! i can't believe what a perfect mix she is of everyone. she looks like every kid in the family.

hope you're hanging in there. i don't know how you do it!

Freddy and Mandy said...

The outfit is awesome on her!!! Sweet little lady!

Anonymous said...

Ellie,

Just a hint on the Zantac/Prevacid medicine. Quinn has been on both and is back on Prevacid. He stopped sleeping well at about 6 1/2 months and got worse and worse. There are several factors but one seems to be that his dosage of reflux medicine was increased which can sometimes upset their stomach, too (the doctor never told me). Almost 6 sleepless months later someone told me that acidopholous (sp?) helps counteract the bad effects of the reflux medicines. I've now halved his dosage back to what it was when he was six months and have discovered Nature's Bounty acidopholous wafers that don't taste bad. I wish my doctor would have told me 6 months ago about all of this--so, just a heads up. If you up the reflux dosage as she gets bigger and she goes back to waking up several times a night it could be the medicine. Either giving a smaller dosage or acidopholous once a day might help. Maybe you won't have similar problems but, once again, all this info. would have been useful several months ago!!
Good luck with all the new changes, challenges, and blessings!

Vigoren Family said...

Only a face that an aunt could love, too, I guess. She is growing quickly, isn't she?

Vigoren Family said...

Seriously, Ellie, I need a Charlotte fix. Escape to NM for a few weeks!

Joseph and Katie said...

Ellie, Charlotte is beautiful! Sorry about the reflux thing. We had some minor problems with Hyrum also. (I ditto what Sara says about acidopholous. I remember my Pediatrician sharing similar advice.) Anywho! I have found Tamra on Facebook! You need to get on and talk to her! She is due to have another boy very soon! Still the same old Tamra....(semi-granola and beautiful!) Jerk! :) J/K So, you can find her in my friends. Hey, I agree, my cousin is one good lookin' dude. I'm sorry you guys are apart right now. I'm sure it is killing him also. It is hard to have daddy away especially when babies are so young. You are amazing in my book. Both of you. Take care Ellie. I sure love you and think you you often. We will miss you this Sat. but I will catch everyone up. Love, Katie

Joseph and Katie said...

Ellie, I just stalked a blog from your list. Is "Hendywow" Wendy Joy? Just wondering? Let me know.
Katie

Roney Family said...

She is adorable! You are such an amazing mother!

Shari said...

Hi Ellie,

What a cute family. I'm sorry not all of the family is there with you. Chris i know is eating at least twice a week because he comes over to eat with us and I send home with him the leftovers. I was gone for a couple of months but I'm back now so I'll make sure he's eating. I hope to see you all here soon. Shari