I love the fall!! It's been so fun to be somewhere where the season actually changes (and I mean extreme! It's gone from over 100 to low 70's in just days!) There is a crispness in the air, the smell of wood-burning fireplaces and the excitement of Halloween. Bring on the holidays!
Of course we have already got the kids costumes. It was hard to decide this year. I was dying for Charlotte to have this cute pig costume that I had in mind from last year, but the kids really want her to be a monkey. She is just our little monkey! Well orangutan to be exact. Here let me show you:
And usually her hair is sticking strait up like this monkey. She is such a rascal. So...I relented and Charlotte will be a monkey. But I will most likely put pink bows on her ears and tail.
Sophie and Mags are going as Elphaba and Galinda from Wicked! They both really wanted to. Sophie can't wait to be green and Maggie is excited to wear a ball gown and tiara. Sam's at that age wear you don't really dress up even though you still want candy. He doesn't like scary costumes, he actually wants to be Keroro. It's his favorite Japanese anime character. Here's a pic:
I know, don't ask. I suppose it could be worse. I'm actually grateful he doesn't want to be the Grim Reaper. We'll see what we can figure out.So I'm looking forward! Like I said I live for the next few months. The saddest thing for me right now is not having my own home and being able to decorate it and make this cozy and fun. This is actually the second year in a row since last year I was pregnant and packing to live in Abu Dhabi-hello! But enough whining, I am focusing on the positive and I'm actually very happy:).
4 comments:
i think we are heading to St George next weekend, i would love to see you. Will you be around?
I've been thinking about you and all your halooween decorations. Oh well, next year! You will have fun focusing on costumes this year. You always do such fun things for the kids costumes. I wish you had been my mom!
love you!
Cute pics of the kids, Ellie. Hope you guys are all well and enjoying St. George.
I love your photos! I hope you are adjusting to St. George okay. When our kids get better, I am calling you guys to come on over for dinner!
Just for fun, take a look at my blog. I tagged you in a fun photo game. Love ya! Katie
Post a Comment