Monday, February 22, 2010

Grandma Valentine Love

Chris's mom always sends the kids such fun gifts for the holidays. This year was no exception! They were so excited when that box came in the mail. I don't know how she does it for everyone!

Maggie excitedly opening gifts.

Sam got an awesome red shirt and other goodies.

Maggie wanted Grandma to know that she had really been wanting a jump rope so this was the perfect gift!

Charlotte is our little monkey and she got an original sock monkey. She wasn't quite sure about it at first...

But after it came to life, she couldn't stop laughing at it.


On Valentine's Day we have the tradition of a Valentines breakfast with heart shaped pink waffles and strawberries and whipped cream.The kids other Grandma, Maki made each of the kids rice bags that you warm up at night. They were made of flannel and with an appropriate print for each one. So we had a lot of Grandma love, thank you Grandmas!

Chris and I were able to sneak away to a hotel for a night before he flew back to Wyoming. Of course we still had Charlotte with us, but one out of four ain't bad! I love you honey!!

2 comments:

Joseph and Katie said...

My brothers both had sock monkeys! Sooo cute! She will love it do death! Hey, I want to make a rice bag. It sounds easy and snuggly. I am so glad you and Chris got some "semi" alone time together. I don't know how you do it girl! You look beautiful by the way.

Jan said...

Thanks for the fun posts Ellie, sure do love seeing you all. What cute grandkids we have and we LOVE Charlotte's cute bedhead! I have a big weird mohawk every morning when i wake up. Charlotte's is much cuter. You and Chris are such a beauitful couple. Love you all, m&d r