Monday, August 27, 2007

Saturday at the Beach

Chris did another ocean swim on Saturday in Corona Del Mar. So we packed up the kids and made a day out of it. He placed 69th out of 269. Not bad!

The sea of swimmers. Chris is in the green cap.


A run for the finish...Chris couldn't break away from a pack, so they all raced up together.

He's in line to give his standing. Chris shaved almost 5 minutes off last years time and had a much better placing than his 2-mile Newport Pier to Pier swim last month. Race Results

Mom and Sam decided to be daring and played in the ocean, Maggie preferred the beach.

5 comments:

Roney Family said...

Ellie, you are an amazing mom, you actually get in the water! I need to get a little guts like you.

Emily said...

Wow! Chris, way to go! I can't believe that first picture of the sea of swimmers! And how cool that Sam and Ellie raced out there, too! :o)

Vigoren Family said...

Awesome. You look like David Hasselhof out there! You guys are sure living it up! Chris inspired me to train for a 1/2 marathon. Oct. 13th is the big day in Rim Country Arizona (Payson). Go Chris! And Ellie, I'm freaked out of the ocean - especially that deep! What if a shark bites your leg off? Irrational? I don't know?

Sara Decker said...

You are daring. I'm scared of the ocean. I swear everytime i get in the waves are all of a sudden ten feet!! Ha ha. I added you to my blog as well, fun fun. I do have to admit though that i didn't make the cookies that you got Sunday, Erica made them. Glad you liked them.

brooklyn said...

Chris is so friggin awesome. (and i HATE the word friggin! but how can i stress it?!)

Sooooo excited to see you guys. Can't wait to see him swim Alcatraz!