Monday, October 15, 2007

Sam's a Poet (and we didn't know it)

They had a Reflections contest at the kid's school and Sam's teacher wanted everyone to participate. He wasn't sure what to do because he's not an artist, photographer or choreographer. So I told him to write a poem. The theme was "I can make a difference".... This is what he came up with:

Pollution

By: Sam Roberts

Pollution, Pollution, it’s dumped in our ocean

Pollution, Pollution, it’s released in our air

Pollution, Pollution, it kills all the fish

Pollution, Pollution, nobody cares

I can make a difference by not polluting so much.

I thought it was so sweet and who knew we had an environmentalist on our hands!

6 comments:

Abi said...

Nice work Sam! kids write the best peoms and creaete the best art!

Emily said...

Way to go, Sam! We love the poem! Keep writing!

Unknown said...

That poem is SOOO CUTE!
Sam you are a Winner! I loved it!
Your dad won the reflection contest when he was in grade school. I have the work to prove it! A chip off ye ole block!
Love ya, grandma

Jordon said...

Good job, Sammy. You're a natural talent. Keep that air clean, the water fresh, and the fish alive. Love ya, Uncle Jordon, Aunt Sara, and Aryn

Vigoren Family said...

Glad you're in the Fam, Sam.
You're totally rad,
and that makes me glad!

Can you tell I never excelled in poetry? Definitely a weak point!

brooklyn said...

sam--you are the best! love love love the topic and poem and you.