Monday, April 28, 2008

Sophie's Spring Fling!


Our kids have friend birthday parties every other year and this was Sophie's year! Plus she turned 8 which is an even bigger deal:). So we decided to have a Spring Fling! Soph loves the outdoors and nature and it's Spring so we thought it worked well. She was only allowed 8 friends and it was just right.

First the girls decorated their goody bags with their name and flowers.


Then we had hidden over 200 fake plastic bugs all over the yard and we had a bug scavenger hunt! I thought the girls would be squeamish, but they loved it. We are still finding random bugs today.


The party girls!


Can't have a party without a pinata, those girls can hit!

We had a hula hoop contest and other outdoor games. They were good!

Present time! Sara Jayne gave her a snow cone maker. Which turned out to be the hit of the party! We ended up making snow cones for everyone.

Also a favorite still- Webkinz. Man Soph can't get enough of these things.

Chloe gave her an awesome grown up art set and canvas.

Mom and the birthday girl.

Sophie and her best-est school friend, Maddi.

Make a wish!Sophie's BFF, Amanda Miller.
It was a fun party, I know Sophie enjoyed it, I'm just glad it's over:).

9 comments:

Rebecca and Co. said...

A fun party for a fun girl! Happy Birthday, Sophie! Being 8 is pretty cool.

SeeCampbell said...

Ellie, you certainly know how to throw a party for your sweet little girl. Of course you're so creative! Can't believe she is eight! I miss seeing you guys. Peek in on the nursery sometime and say hi.

Freddy and Mandy said...

What a rad mom! I guessing you made the cake???

Tracy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracy said...

What a cute idea for a party! It's fun to see how much some of those girls from the ward have grown!

Roney Family said...

Happy Birthday, love all the pictures and looks like she is having a wonderful time. Good luck with this weekend. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help!!!!!!!

Sara Decker said...

Such a cute party! You are creative as always.

Check out http://www.obeo.com/431626
that is the house one of us should buy!!!

Abi said...

That is the cutest party ever! I am sure the girls had a blast! I love the bug scavenger hunt idea! My girls are obsessed with bugs and would love that!

Marcy said...

You are SUCH a fun mom! What a beautiful and creative party! I loved the girly pictures and all the bright decorations. Way to go! I'm glad Sophie had a great day! Oh and a snow cone maker? I want one! lol