Charlotte turned one on the 20th of December! I cannot believe how quickly her first year went by. And because our year was so unorthodox, it seemed to go by even faster.
Her birthday fell on the Sunday before Christmas, so we all went to church and then came home to party! These are the girls right after church in their Christmas dresses.
I decided on a winter theme and the colors were aqua and red. I made her an outfit with the leftover fabric from my Patty Young pattern testing. It just happened to match! Sophie made her the matching bracelet.
Her cupcakes were red velvet cake with aqua icing. I printed out the circles and attached them to lollipop sticks.
The usual suspects minus Papa and the person behind the lens (me!). Charlotte was actually napping while we ate a dinner of all appetizers (it was a hit!). So she was nice and rested for everything, it was so mellow.
Sophie & Scout
Charlotte loved the concept of being allowed to rip through paper and find something new.
She was anxious to put on her new shoes from Grandma & Grandpa Roberts.
Oooo, so cute!
Here Gage, try this on!
Her favorite gift, a monkey from Matt & Jenny.
I made her birthday banner with my Cricut. So easy and cheap!
Then I just took a piece of 12 x 12 paper and rolled it up to make a hat. Added some trim and whalla!
Her cake wasn't quite as planned, but it worked. It was also red velvet with snowflake sparkles.
She was fascinated by her number one sparkler candle.
Have at it baby!
Getting a birthday phone call from Grandma and Grandpa Roberts.
Happy Birthday Charlotte!!
6 comments:
She is so cute, and you are such a great Mom, I want to be like you when I grow up!
All I can say is WOW! I am amazed by your artistic talent and all the little details for her birthday! She is soooo beautiful! Glad you made it home safe. Take care.
OH. MY. GOODNESS. ellie--you are over-the-top talented. sheesh that is about as much decor and cuteness as i will muster for all of my kids birthdays combined until they are 18.
and charlotte is so amazingly CUTE--could eat her up!!!
She is adorable! I love all the pictures!
Thanks for the post Ellie. SOOOO cute! All the decor, food, outfit including hat were so clever and so creative. You are the best birthday mom I have ever known. Love you all way too much. momma
What a cutie that Charlotte is! I think that I need to keep reading your blog all the time so I can steal all your great ideas! You are so creative!
Post a Comment