I have always loved idyllic winter scenes like in folk art paintings. Growing up in the Southwest it was something I always dreamed about. It was actually one of the big reasons I moved to Connecticut (and though it certainly wasn't as idealistic as it was in my mind's eye, I did meet my handsome husband there, so I can't complain:).
Well with a summer that won't end here in California and knowing that I am moving to a place where at the COLDest time of year it's in the 70's, I am finding myself dreaming again. I would love a white Christmas, building snowmen, sleigh rides, hot chocolate & reading Christmas stories by a roaring fire, a house hanging with icicles. And getting to wear coats and jackets! (I have a thing for those too) Anyway, I guess I'm in mourning for that which is not to be, but a girl can dream right?
Well with a summer that won't end here in California and knowing that I am moving to a place where at the COLDest time of year it's in the 70's, I am finding myself dreaming again. I would love a white Christmas, building snowmen, sleigh rides, hot chocolate & reading Christmas stories by a roaring fire, a house hanging with icicles. And getting to wear coats and jackets! (I have a thing for those too) Anyway, I guess I'm in mourning for that which is not to be, but a girl can dream right?
4 comments:
Ellie - I have to say that I did live in the snowy mountains for a few years in my early teens and there really is nothing like a white Christmas...I do miss that so much! And no matter how much Christmas music you play or how completely you decorate, right down to the smells of Christmas, it's still different. Although I have to say that it does get wintery cold here by the end of December, just not a whole lot of snow and icicles!:)
Keep in touch!!
I love this because I too have always dreamed of that Norman Rockwell / folk art perfect white christmas! While on my mission in Ontario I was able to have that (sans family), but it was magical. I guess you could say we are hopless romantics to all things cozy and charming. Have a great Thanksgiving. Love ya!
I feel exactly the same way! I love winter, and I live in a place where it was 88 degrees yesterday!
Ellie! We'll take you here in ABQ! Last year we had nearly 2 feet of snow on Christmas! I say, take your chances and join the Roberts/Vigoren clan in NM for a possible wintry treat!
Post a Comment